Suffering from bipolar disorder. What treatment should be done?

I am suffering from bipolar disorder and have been stealing theft did all this because i did not know whts right and wrong at that time is this correct ?
My mind did not let me think whats real and not .

Is ist correct to say I am of unsound mind ???
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 43 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
You have stated that you have a bipolar mood disorder which is a psychiatric illness having episodic changes in the mood sometimes depressed and some times manic. The stealing that you have described can sometimes be a part of the risk taking behavior, that one indulges during the manic phase. So whether your stealing is due to the mood disorder or not depends on whether you are having any of the other manic symptoms as of now like:
1) inflated self-esteem or grandiosity

2) decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)

3) more talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking

4) flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing

5) distractibility (i.e., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli)

6) increase in goal-directed activity (at work, at school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation

7) excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)

If you are not having any further mood symptoms then your intense desire to steal may not be explainable due to the mood disorder. But then there are many other possibilities for your stealing behaviour.

Probably you need to consult your psychiatrist and discuss these issues with him who may also do a mental state examination.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and review it if possible.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!

Follow-up: Suffering from bipolar disorder. What treatment should be done? 13 hours later
I will come to your answere , thanks for that at the moments\
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 20 minutes later
We at health care magic are always serving for better health.
Let us know when ever you are free, how can we help you further.