Suffering from anxiety. Looking for cure

Psychiatrist
Question
I am sufferinf from some anxity problem last 1 year
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 26 hours later
Helllo
Thanks for your query. Can you describe the nature, intensity and frequency as well as description of the anxiety symptoms so that diagnosis can be arrived at and management planned.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Suffering from anxiety. Looking for cure 18 hours later
Dear Sir,

Some time i feeling irregularity type and pain in my left side like some time in hand ,some time back pain,heart side etc.i done my all test like TMT,2decho,ECg etc before 5 - months, all reports are normal. only cholesterol trdiles is little high 170 and HDL is on lower side.
my vitamin d is also on lower side for that i am taking Tayo 60 K.
Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 16 minutes later
Hello.....
The type of sympoms you are describing in absence of any findings in investigations is referred to as somatoform pain disorder. The treatment for the same includes antianxiety drugs like SSRI's and psychotherapy techniques like somatic reattribution. I would also suggest you undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation to rule out other anxiety disorders like generalised anxiety disorder before commencing treatment. I can assure you that it is not a serious disease though at times difficult to treat.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Suffering from anxiety. Looking for cure 35 minutes later
is there any test for the same

due to this i had a start a BP problem also fro last month its 90-130 or 92-140
like this for that i will take met xl25. for irregularity i will take revotril 0.5 mg

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 minutes later
Hello.....
There is no lab investigation to diagnose anxiety disorders. It is based on history and mental state evaluation by a psychiatrist. Hypertension can accompany anxiety disorders. You can continue metoprolol as well as rivotril. Have yourself evaluated by a psychiatrist to start anti-anxiety medication and psychotherapy. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Suffering from anxiety. Looking for cure 1 minute later
thanks so much

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 minute later
Thank you.
Dr Sundar