Suffering from abdominal pain and back pain. Stool test showed normal. What could be the problem?

Hey I hav been suffering with adomonal pain Mainly on right side and back pain and frequent peeing it went away for two year and has just came back two weeks before my period ?? I am thinking of getting implant To see if it helps and if it's just ovulation pain i have previously had a scan and my stools tested and everything was fine I just don't know what this is ? I had this for two years last time I also feel sick sometimes rare that I am sick tho and constantly tired n just feel full all the time And also have found my stools are that solid
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 4 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Most probably you might be having a urinary tract infection; the points in favour being abdominal pain and back pain ( I'm assuming lower abdominal pain and backache; please correct me if I'm wrong) and increased frequency of urination.

The other possibilities are Ovulation pain (as you said), PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), renal calculi(Kidney stones) etc.

I would suggest you visit your physician/gynaecologist who might do a complete physical examination and advise relevant investigations like Urine routine, Urine culture and sensitivity, Complete blood picture,Renal function test, Ultrasound Abdomen and Pelvis to visualize the kidney, ureters , bladder and the pelvic organs.

I would like to have a few details:
You said you had a scan done earlier.When was it done? Was that an Ultrasound ? Did it visualize the organs I just mentioned?
By feeling full all the time and stools are solid; did you mean you felt bloated and have hard stools (constipation)?
Any other associated symptoms like fever,nausea,vomiting,burning micturition?

In the meantime, I would advise you to drink plenty of water at least 8 - 10 glasses a day to flush out toxins, if any ,from the bladder . A glass of cranberry juice might also help.

Ensure you maintain good perineal hygiene. After passing urine, wash the area with water and keep it dry with the help of toilet paper.

Empty your bladder at regular intervals .

If sexually active, empty your bladder before and after intercourse.

Hope I have answered your queries. I would be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Awaiting your reply.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Suffering from abdominal pain and back pain. Stool test showed normal. What could be the problem? 20 hours later
Ultrasound abowt 2 years ago they said everything was fine then the pain just went away for 2 years till last month can urine / kidney infections sometimes just go away after a period of time ?
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 7 hours later

If the urine infection is mild, drinking plenty of water, following good perineal hygiene, drinking cranberry juice etc. might get rid of the infection..

However, please get the above mentioned investigations done, atleast a urine routine and if required urine culture and sensitivity.

Hope this helps.