Suffering from Pimples on face, going through treatment. Suggest diet?

Question

I am 29 years old and i have been suffering from Pimples on my face. I going through a treatment right now. I would like to know what kind of Food do i need to take to control it.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Foods XXXXXXX in Vitamin A and K

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Vitamin A is essential for regeneration of dead skin and prevent scarring. The acne/pimples are usually seen due to plugging of the sebaceous ducts with dead skin which is prevented by Vit A.

Also Vitamin K moisturizes skin and prevents dryness and maintains the health.

Hence do consume foods containing Vit A like milk, eggs, liver, fortified cereals, darkly colored orange or green vegetables (such as carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and kale) etc

Foods containing Vit E like egg yolks and many nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables etc

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Suffering from Pimples on face, going through treatment. Suggest diet? 2 days later
Thank You Very Much for your valuable information.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.

Kindly rate my answer, if satisfied.

Follow-up: Suffering from Pimples on face, going through treatment. Suggest diet? 1 hour later
Adding to above mail, do i need to avoid any stuff (eating) to control Pimples. As mine is Oily face. Kindly Advice.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oily face is good in winter

Detailed Answer:

There is no need, you can just consume the above foods to maintain good healthy skin.

regards,