Suffered with genital groin itch. Rashes spreading to pubic area. Experiencing pain in elbow. Suggest?

I have over the years suffered with genital groin itch. I suspected it may be a food allergy and at the time when I got over this condition I had given up eating mushrooms. Now this rash is back and I am continually itching, when the cream wears off and I am unable to reapply this cream. I am using a cream to alleviate this itch and it is called Medi Quattro First Aid Cream and I am using it twice a day. This works for the duration until the itching starts again and when I am in a situation where I cannot re apply this cream it is embarrassing. I have shaved the pubic area because the condition is worse with hair, however the rash has spread to the pubic area and with the constant itching the area is bright red and swollen. I suspect that a food which I introduced into my diet recently is the one that may be causing it - not 100% sure. I have eliminated a lot of foods which were suspect and have been rash free for a number of years. I will be eliminating this food which I suspect may be the cause of this rash, however I was experiencing the itch when I ate some of this food and did not immediately think I had an allergic reaction to it. Because the itch persisted and has now spread, I will eliminate it from my diet. If this is not the solution to my condition. I might have to have an allergy check up at my local G.P and find out which food is the culprit. I am experiencing a pain in my left elbow and I am wondering whether this has anything to do with the condition above, or something else. The cream is only a temporary measure - I am looking for the root of the problem and want to eradicate it from my life once and for all.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based from the information it seem like you are having an ongoing fungal infection. I will advice you to try over the counter anti fungal cream (Pevaryl Cream/ Canesten Anti-Fungal Cream ) with antihistamine (Xergic 120mg Tab ) for a week and It will help you to get rid of all itching as well as get your infection from the core.

(I do understand that your are not looking for the cream but local cream is best suited for cure, contact me if you need a tablet form but it may take longer to get it cured)

Please feel free to contact me incase of any concern.