Suffer inflamed jaw. Took voltaren. Having pain in neck and shoulders. Getting accupunture and massage. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi 7 months ago i began to get sore ears went to the doc who told me i have an inflammed jaw took voltaren a week later the pain was in the neck so went back and was told i dont know whats wrong i cant help you this was all on the left side, i went on holiday for three weeks and the pain went away i returned to work where i picked up a child and they hit there head on my neck on the right side and ever since then i have had continuous pain in the ribs shoulder and shoulder blade area(all on right) my right shoulder blade was sticking out at one stage it is not sticking out as much but it sits lower than the other one and out to the side down by my armpit areai now have pain over my upper back area and the pain in my neck is back and behind my ears. i have been in physio for 7 months where i have had my ribs re aligned and released on numerous occasion and told i have over active muscles witch every time i use my right arm they move my shoulder blade and ribs out, my right shoulder blade rotates and moves around and my ribs keep moving and getting stuck. i am on light duties at work witch has not helped the pain any its still constant, I started a strengthening program 4 weeks ago as i was told i just need to get my strength up i have only been able to do it about 3 times as the pain got worse every time i done it so i then spent another month getting accupunture and massage witch relieved the pain a little this week i started my strengining program again and the pain in the right shoulder blade has come back twice as bad the physio keeps saying its because im not doing it right but i am doing how i was showen and the best i can. i have seen all the doctors in the medical centre as i live in a small town and been told every time i dont know whats wrong and i cant help you, i was wondering if i just need to give physio longer or something else needs done.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a MRI of involved area done first.

Detailed Answer:

It seems to be weak muscles around shoulder and neck due to injury over right side of neck and shoulder.

As 6-7 months already passed and still you have pain and weakness, injury seems to be little bit more.

I suggest you to get a MRI of involved area done first to see the severity of tear so that proper treatment plan can be formulated.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.