Suffer headache. CT scan showed lateral topogram of skull followed by contiguous axial sectons from base of skull to vertex. Guide?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
due to headache since 3 yrs .MY BROTHER consult a doctor he advice me CT scan .after CT scan (NCCT HEAD) report given below

PROCEDURE

A preliminary lateral topogram of skull was acquired followed by contiguous axial sectons from base of skull to vertex

FINDINGS

POSTERIOR FOSSA

Both cerebellar hemispheres and brain stem appers normal .Fourth ventricle appears normal in size, shape and position .

SUPRATENTORIAL

Punctuate calcific focus seen in head of caudate nucleus on left and peritrigonal white matter on right? singnificance? calcified granuloma ? physiological.
Rest of the brain parenchyma appear normal in attenuation .
Lateral and third ventricles appear normal.
There is no shift of midline septum
Basal cisterns,sulci and fissures are unremarkable.
bony calvarium does not show any abnormality

PLEASE CORRELATE CLINICALLY

QUESTION 1

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS REPORT ?

QUESTION 2

IS THERE ANY FURTHER NEED OF INVESTIGATION OR THIS REPORT SHOW PROBLEM

QUESTION 3
THE PROBLEM SHOWN IN REPORT IS CURABLE ?
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that these CT scan findings of brain do not represent any serious problem, and there is no need to worry about them.
Headaches are not because of CT scan findings.
The calcification could be normal, or due to old infection of brain, that has healed. In both cases, no medications are required for them.
There is no need for any further investigations.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/