Suffer from severe burning in penis during and after sex. Have red blemish type marks. Partner pregnant. Cause?

General Surgeon
Question
After and during sex with my partner I suffer a sever burning sensation on my penis. Initially the head if my penis comes up in welts then disperse after a short while (same day) leaving only red blemish type marks which slowly subside after a few days. My forskin afterwards on the day after sex and day following is/can be quite swollen and is also left with reddish blemishes.
She is pregnant,could this be the cause?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your problems are most likely caused by too tight foreskin. This condition is called phimosis. I assume that when your penis is not erected, the foreskin can be retracted freely. However most likely when you have an erection, foreskin becomes too tight. Due to this tightness, the head of the penis gets compressed what leads to impeded blood flow in it. This gives mentioned by you symptoms like swelling. After the intercourse, when there is no compression, this disappears without any marks.
Pregnancy has nothing to do with your symptoms.

I suggest you to visit urologist, have physical examination. In case of phymosis, small surgical procedure will completely set you free from symptoms.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.