Suffer from fatigue, pain, constant headache, abdominal pain and bloating. Blood work showed elevated Eosinophil. Should I be worried?

I have been sick for two years now and have had a hard time getting a diagnosis. I have been told that I have Fibromyalia. My symptoms are fatigue, wide spread pain, constant headache and in the last three months I have been severely bloated and have abdominal pain on a daily basis. I get woken up in the middle of the night with such bad abdominal pain that I have to crawl to the bathroom and releave my bladder the pain subsides about a half hour later. The bloating is so bad that I have a hard time eating and non of my clothes fit anymore. I have blood work done that show an elevated Eosinophil count 3.8 (the range is 0.9-2.9. Should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

1. Fatigue, wide spread pain with constant headache may be due to fibromyalgia. Forthis you can take strong analgesic drugs like naproxen and also opioid analgesic for pain management under the guidance of your treating docotr. Even patches are available for constant pain.
2. For severely bloated and abdominal pain you should get done with USG abdomen and pelvis, LFT and renal function test to know the diagnosis for it. If ascitis this need to be drained, it may be due to ovary problem or may be due to any of the organ problem. So get done these investigations as soon as possible.
Only with these we can diagnose and manage properly.
3. Raised eosinophill may be due to any allergy. That will subside if allergen is removed.
Have adequate regular sleep, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular exercises for your wellbeing. Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management with the above reports ASAP.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit K