Suffer from back ache. Diagnosed with degenerative spine. Pain radiating to hips. What to do?

I suffer from back ache.Was diagnosed with degenerative spine,now the pain has spread to hips as well.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

I suggest you to get a MRI of the hips done as soon as possible. It would get very serious if the joints get more inflamed or fused.

An MRI scan would help to identify the exact nature of the inflammation and help in formulating a treatment to get halt the process and get rid of the pain.

Meanwhile do restrict the movement in the affected joints. Do wear an Lumbosacral belt which helps to immobilize the joints and help in healing.

Hope, I answered your query.