Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally?

Question
Hello Dr.,
i m 25 yrs unmarried girl. height aroung 5 inch and weight 66 kg
suffering from pcod and taking tretament from oct 2011.
these are test report of 2nd day with values fsh=7.66 mIU/ml lh=10.7mIU/ml tsh =1.86 mIU/ml
insulin fasting =8.5 uIU/ml and insulin pp =28.1 uIU/ml.
are these values are ok? can i be get naturally praegnent after marriage ?
i have also spinal cord (disc compressioncproblem)
lumber l5 l4. is it will effect my marriage life??
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 36 minutes later
Hello- I would be happy to help you with your question.

I cannot respond to the email. Question for you:

What are you cycles like now? Are they regular?

Thank you.

Follow-up: Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally? 29 minutes later
no its not regular

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
I am terribly sorry about the delay.

What do you mean by "not regular":

1. Do they occur monthly or do you skip months
2. Is there variability in terms of the cycles themselves (are some lighter than others?)
3. What "treatments" have you had for the PCOD?

Thank you!

Follow-up: Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally? 2 hours later
Its ok

its skiping 2-3 months. variability is some times lighter than others.
i took diane-3 and after that benforceM.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 17 hours later
Thank you for the followup clarification.

PCOS is a condition associated with insulin resistance and a 'polycystic' appearance of the ovaries. This appearance is related to the fact that women with PCOS do not ovulate regularly or at all. This is what is happening in your case, and for regulation of your cycle they put you on birth control pills, and for treatment of your insulin resistance, they put you on a diabetes medication.

The irregularity in your cycles is related to absent ovulation. When you don't ovulate, you don't get a cycle, and then the subsequent bleeding is variable and very irregular.

In answer to your question regarding future children, I am sure that you will be able to get pregnant, but you might encounter difficulty in terms of the ovulation issue. Here is what you need to do:

1. You need to lose weight - your BMI (related to height and weight) is elevated. This is the single most important thing you can do to return your cycles to normal and decrease difficulty getting pregnant
2. Until you are ready to get pregnant, stay on the birth control pills
3. If you are trying to get pregnant now, then talk with your doctor about a drug called clomid (which should be taken with the benforce) as these two medications together (in the setting of PCOS) will increase your chance of ovulating.

I hope that this helps!

Follow-up: Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally? 20 hours later
Thankyou Dr. ,
definately this is helping me. i am trying to reduce my weight, but due to pcos its taking time .
thanks for response.
Follow-up: Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally? 16 minutes later
Thankyou but i have 1 more question

i start to take tablet from oct 2011 i took diane-35 for six months and then i go for test and then my fsh was 5.6 and lh was 4.80 , tsh=1.7.

then my doctor advice me to take benforceM for 6 months and then i took test them my fsh=7.66 mIU/ml lh=10.7mIU/ml tsh =1.86
now again my doctor tell me to take metformin and daine-3 for 6 months.

I m really very afraid about my future..

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 34 hours later
These labs are all very reassuring. You are getting good advice. Take the next 6 months to reduce your weight, and my guess is that you will not need the metformin. You chance of future pregnancies is actually quite good. Do not worry too much as you are young and there is plenty of time for all of the pieces to fall together.

Good luck and remember to leave feedback!

Follow-up: Suffer from PCOD. Test report shows fsh=7.66 mIU/ml and tsh =1.86 mIU/ml. Can I get pregnant naturally? 37 hours later
Thankyou Dr.

really after reading your reply i m feeling very relax. Nw i will concentrate only on my health instead of being worrying.

thanks.

You are very welcome. I wish you the best of luck. Please remember to give feedback in order that this question can be closed.