Suffer RAD. Taking therapy. Help?

My grandson is an adult who I believe ha RAD .He has much therapy but this was not discovered. Where can we find help for an adult with this condition
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 16 minutes later

Thanks for for posting your query.

Reactive attention disorder (RAD) also popularly known as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a disorder which starts in childhood and half of them progress to adulthood as well.

The treatment is the same however the dosages differ. Methyphenidate, bupropion, attentrol are certain drugs which are effective. Also comorbid depression has to be identified and treated.

The best person to treat this illness is an adult psychiatrist. May be you can contact one of the adult psychiatrist in your area. This treatment needs lot of time and patience.

Hope I am able to help you. Let me know if you need further guidance.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy