Struggling to walk due to pain in legs, hips and arms. Blood work shows WBC 5.04 and RBC 4.51. What does this levels indicate?

Question
My 9 yr old son is struggling to walk due to sudden pain in his legs, hips and now his arms have begun to hurt. Blood work shows WBC 5.04, RBC 4.51, Hgb 11.1, Hct L 34.0, MCV L 75.4, MCH L 24.6, MCHC 32.6, RDW 14.3, Platelet count 316, MPV L 9.6, Neutrophils L 37.7, Lymphocytes H 49.4, Monocytes H 7.3, Eosinophils H 5.2, CK Total H 803, CRP Inflammatory H 6.8.
What do all of those levels mean we have to wait until Monday to talk to our Dr and I know something is obviously wrong. Thank you.

What do you make of his blood test levels? We were at the ER yesterday and they released us saying it was viral and to follow up at the DR on Monday, but watching my son walk is really frightening as a parent.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The new onset weakness in the limbs is indicative of a serious underlying cause.
The weakness some time spreads to affect the respiratory muscles and may threaten the breathing.
The child should be immediately hospitalized and cared in indoor setting under care of a peditrician or a physician.
Such weakness is mostly due to serious diseases like periodic paralysis syndromes, Guillain barre syndrome or neuropathies.
all are serious diseases and managing early has impact on the outcome so consult as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Struggling to walk due to pain in legs, hips and arms. Blood work shows WBC 5.04 and RBC 4.51. What does this levels indicate? 59 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. What do you think about his blood test results? Blood work shows WBC 5.04, RBC 4.51, Hgb 11.1, Hct L 34.0, MCV L 75.4, MCH L 24.6, MCHC 32.6, RDW 14.3, Platelet count 316, MPV L 9.6, Neutrophils L 37.7, Lymphocytes H 49.4, Monocytes H 7.3, Eosinophils H 5.2, CK Total H 803, CRP Inflammatory H 6.8.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Hi XXXXX...
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
The investigation of blood provided is least helpful in his case, it is showing decreased MCV and decreased neutrophils and relative lymphocytosis which is a nonspecific finding.
Most important is to get his neurological and physical examination done which can give the clues no investigation can match.
You should get an appointment of local clinician as soon as possible.
I hope the advise will be informative and helpful for you.