Strange welt pattern appeared on back and arm. What could it be?

I have had a strange welt pattern appear on my back and arm same pattern different days and itches very annoying
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 5 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I would appreciate if you can provide the following details to guide your further:
1. Your age.
2. Any new medicine or anything started lately?
3. Any exposure to new chemical or environment which could have caused an allergic reaction.
I shall appreciate if you can upload a photograph of the welt pattern using the facility provided on this site for me to have a look at it.

The description provided by you suggests that it can be urticaria, which is an allergic skin reaction. With the above information I shall be in a better position to guide you. In the interim you can have an anti-allergic tablet and observe the response.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal