Stopped taking ovral g after hysteroscopy. Started progynova. When will be the next period?

Infertility Specialist
My wife got her periods on 18th March 2013 and have been taking Ovral G from 20th March 2013. She underwent Hysteroscopy surgery on 26th March 2013. Now, she have been advised to stop Ovral G on 29th March 2013 and start taking Progynova from 2nd day of her next period for 25 days for the next two cycles after which she might undergo IVF treatment. My queries is:
She normally gets her periods in 30 days. If she discontinues Ovral G on 29th March, when is she likely to get her periods?
Will it affect her regular period cycle of 30 days?
When can we resume our physical relations?
The doctor was referring to to use Kannula Swing to check the uterus. How is it done and is it done under anesthesia?
Please help in addressing the queries above.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) You are right she will get her periods if she stops her ovral G on 29th.

2) Her cycle will be early only this time. From next xyxle the periods will beof regular 30 days or as per stopping progynova decided by IVF centre. Generally IVF centres do this to match cycle of many patients on one day so that they can perform all IVF on one day. Its called batch IVF.

3) You can have physical relation. There is absolutely no problem with that.

4) cannula swing is not a correct word it might be sound. If it is examination with sound, no anesthesia is needed and it can be done in doctor's office easily. confrim the word swing again.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.