Stopped taking norcos for chronic back pain. Suggest alternative medication

I am a 54 y.o. female with chronic back pain issues. I have just moved to a new area and am out of my pain medication,Norcos. Can I get help from here?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Many alternatives as you wait to see a new dr Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think other pain medications do exist as you wait to see a new doctor to start your follow up. Drugs like Tramadol can be used in case the pain is too severe. If pain is moderate, drug combinations containing simple analgesics like Acetaminophen and opiods like codeine can be used. Tramadol (sever pain), Acetaminophen, Paracetamol - codeine combinations , non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like Colcibra 200mg, (moderate pain) are sold over the counter. You might simply seek advise from your pharmacist, as you arrange to start follow up with a new doctor. Please, do not hesitate signaling to your doctor any unusual events might experience while you take the new drug. IN case pain persists or aggravates, or you do experience no relief, you should not hesitate informing your doctor. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards. DR Bain