Stomach pain, gastro related problem and diarrhea. Is plan-D sufficient?

this is XXXXXXX
at present in dubai...
i am having pain in my stomatch, in last previous days i am having the problem related to gastro, but from 0400 hours i am also facing the problem with motions. i went 5 times for loose motion...
i am taking the medicine called pan-d before i eat in morning and before dinner.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Thanks for posting you query.

From the details given it seems that you are having some infection in stomach (gastroenteritis) or indigestion. This can happen due to contaminated water, food, over eating, etc.

I suggest you to try the following,

1. Take a light diet like dal rice, curd rice, fruits, soups, etc.
2. Drink plenty of fluids during the day like lemon water, butter milk etc.
3. Hot beverages like hot coffee might help you.
4. Drugs like hyoscine available as Buscopan have antispasmodic action. They are available as over the counter medication at some region. They can help you if you have pain.
5. You can continue Pan - d.

This should help you with the current problem.

Usually the symptoms resolve spontaneously in a day or two. Physical consultation with a doctor is needed in case this does not help and you have more numbers of loose motions in a day; you may need some antibiotics

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.