Stomach has ached and mouth had bitter taste. What could be the cause?

For the last two weeks my stomach has ached. Not bad and not a real pain just a ache and my mouth has a bitter taste to it. I just came back from vacation where I did drink a lot of Rum and diet Cokes.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The symptom you had could be due to gastric disturbance or increased acidity.

Do take antacids like Gelusil or Pepto to get relief from the ache you have.

Also do increase the fiber content in the food to have better digestion and be symptom free. You can take fiber supplement like ISOBGOL powder one teaspoon in a glass of milk or water in the night for week.

Hope, I answered your query.