Stomach and chest aches after fizzy drink and alcohol. Why does temperature increase? Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
when I drink alcohol with coke I'm ok for the first couple then after I experience stomach aches that rise to my chest and collar bones then my temperature will increase dramatically, i will have to drink atleast 6 glasses of water and wait half hour before I feel ok again, what dose this mean??? also if I drink alcohol without coke etc and gave with milk I don't get the aches
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Taking alcohol on an empty stomach will stimulate gastric acid production tremendously and the heat produced is causing the symptoms. These are expected symptoms after alcohol consumption. It is advisable to consume alcohol in dilute form along with a fat containing meal so that it causes less acid production and is digested slowly producing a small amount of heat for a longer duration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.