Stomach ache on left side abdomen, pain spreading down & back, petechiae on lower stomach. What?

I have stomach ache on left side of abdomen for 2-3 weeks with pain down leftpaige and in back. Tonight I noticed petechia on lower stomach. What could this be?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:

1. Do you have any other symptoms like diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever?
2. Easy or excessive bruising, Blood in urine or stools?
3. Does the rash look like tiny blisters?
4. Did you have chicken pox during child hood?

There are many causes for rashes with abdominal pain like
1. Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)
2. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
3. Lupus
4. Measles (rubeola)
5. Shigles (Herpes Zoster)

In Herpes Zoster pain occurs on one side of the body in the affected dermatome. A dermatome of the chest or abdomen is most commonly affected, causing acute chest, back or abdominal pain. The rash starts as a cluster of pink, measles-like spots that become vesicles (tiny blisters), which usually dry up within about 10 days and disappear completely within 1 month.

You also have abdominal pain radiating to your back, these can be caused due to Gall stones, kidney stones, Pancreatitis. This can be diagnosed by Abdominal Ultrasound.

You will need to get it examined by a Dermatologist and Gastroenterologist.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.