Stints in heart, pulling pain near collar bones. Serious?

My sister has a what she describes as a pulling pain around her collarboneshe is 67 years old and has 2 stints in her heart should she be woriiied
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 20 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Is the pain associated with any sweating or pain in the arms?
2)     Does the pain worsen while doing any exertional activity?
3)     Is it associated with any palpitations or thumping of heart?
4)     Is there any cough or fever?
5)     Does the pain worsen with movement of the arms or neck?
6)     What is the severity of the pain?

As a rule in a patient with cardiac problems, any pain in the chest or collar bone area is considered cardiac pain due to cardiac causes unless proved otherwise.

She needs to get an EKG and a stress ECG/ stress ECHO done from a cardiologist to rule it out.

Hope this answers your query. Please write back with these answers so that it can enable me to help you better.