Sticking of stomach over navel and under breast. Reason?

Hello, my 18 year old sister says she has sticking in her stomach like a belt over the navel. And also under the breast. What could be the reason for this? Greetings from Sweden. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Sticking of the stomach can be due to various reasons as having lot of refined processed food,food allergy,acid reflux, stress like in Premenstrual syndrome etc.
Some tips for her:
Have small frequent meals about 5 to 6 in a day.
Have more of fiber XXXXXXX diet and avoid fatty food intake.
Drink lots of water.
Go for a walk daily at least for half an hour.
Do some changes in the diet like avoid milk,wheat for a week and then observe if there are any changes.
Avoid high sodium foods as snacks,noodles,canned foods etc as they cause water retention and bloating.

If even after a week the symptoms do not subside or worsen in spite of above changes consider visiting your Primary Physician for examination and medications if required.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.