Started working after csection. Started feeling pain in knees. What are the risks?

after 5 month of my csection i started working now my knees are paining
Daily i need to travel morning2 hours and evening 4 hrs and as i am an s/w professional i need to 8-9 hours in office before my c-section i dont have this problem but my knees are paining alot
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 42 minutes later

The knee pains you have are not related to the C section.Very commonly and in most women the bone calcium levels drop during the lactation period as the requirement is much above the normal quantity.

Some women experience the joint pains , joint stiffness and muscle weakness even for a year or two after the delivery. This though not seen in all is a natural process and can be treated with calcium supplements.Calcium supplements taken every day for 2 to 3 months will show a very good response by reducing the joint problems.

Do consult your gynaecologist and discuss the same , get a prescription for the calcium supplements available in your locality.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Started working after csection. Started feeling pain in knees. What are the risks? 2 minutes later
is it because of weight also
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, overweight can cause joint problem in all.In post pregnancy states the low bone calcium if added with over weight the joint pains can be expected.

Wish you speedy recovery.