Started with a clogged nose and lot of mucus. On nortriptyline 10 mg for dizziness and headaches. Concerned

Yes,i would like you to answer,so far nobody could . It started with a clogged nose,then a lot of mucus,
that dos not go up or down, i think this is not connected. I am taking nortriptyline 10 mg. for dizziness and
headaches. I am 60 years old. XXXXXX Thank you
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Clogged nose, mucus etc could be due to allergies or like rhinitis ,sinusitis etc. I am assuming you don't have any fever /sore throat/cough at this stage.

In order to get rid of the mucus and the clogged sensation in the nose, I would suggest :

1.Drink plenty of warm fluids.
2.Do steam inhalation 3 -4 times a day.

You might require antibiotics, decongestants etc only if you have sinus headache, fever ,cough etc.

Nortriptyline is not responsible for the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your question. If you don't have any further questions,kindly accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a nice day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan