Started taking cerazette. Getting heavy and prolonged period. Should I take norethisterone?

Excellent
Question
I started taking Cerazette 3 weeks ago, have had heavy bleeding for two weeks now, can i take Norethisterone in conjunction or stop cerazette completly and just use Norethisterone--this will involve going back to doctors to have it prescribed
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Since you are having a heavy bleeding for two weeks, it is best to start with norethisterone too along with cerazette to take care of the excessive bleeding. Stopping Cerazette right now will increase the bleeding.
Do consult your gynecologist for the appropriate prescriptions and start taking iron supplements meanwhile.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.