Started taking adderall xr 20mg. Noticed pain in meatus and white discharge. Should be worried for STD?

I am a 25 year old sexually active male (1 partner last 3 months) I recently started taking adderall xr 20mg once a day about a 30-35 days ago. A couple weeks in I noticed a little bit of pain in the meatus and a lower flow rate while peeing.. The pain got a little worse so 8 days ago I decided to quit taking the adderall I am now experiencing a slight pain in the meatus occasionally and I a little bit of white discharge (just a drop at a time) I know adderall has an effect on the prostate.. Should I be worried about this being an STD or is it from the adderall?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

First your symptoms are suggestive of reason. If treatment is delayed, then there is risk of spread of infection in upper part of urinary tract like : urinary bladder and kidney.

As your infection is progressing you need urgent evaluation by physician and treatment by antibiotics. Till that time drink plenty of water and take healthy diet (like fruits).

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Started taking adderall xr 20mg. Noticed pain in meatus and white discharge. Should be worried for STD? 9 hours later
Ok I went out and got a UTI test kit.. I tested positive (highest purple color) for Leukocytes and negative for nitrates.. The discharge is getting to be a little more I noticeable like every 30 minutes I can feel a drop coming out or every time I go to the bathroom I can squeeze a little out.. So the test says "results suggest sign of UTI XXXXXXX etc. Should I call in an order to my Primary for Antibiotics? And can I relax on the whole std likelyhood now?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Yes test points toward presence of UTI. You should XXXXXXX your physician for treatment as soon as possible.

If you had history of unprotected sex then STD can not be rule out, as UTI may occur with pathogens causing STD. So, get tested for STD in presence of history of exposure.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.