Started sweating with vomit sensation after smoking and having wine. What's wrong?

Went for a run came back had a shower had a glass of wine and a cigarette and stated to feel like I wanted to vomit didn't vomit but sweat was pouring off me feel better 1 hour later??
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 53 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I under stand your query with strange symptoms following alcohol use. The first possibility that comes to my mind is panic attack that can be precipitated by alcohol use. The other possibilities include a fall in blood pressure called as hypotension fall in blood sugar called as hypoglycaemia and cardiac pathology. I suggest ecg blood sugar and blood pressure recordings to rule out the above. Following this a psychiatric evaluation for panic attacks can be carried out. Hope you found the information useful. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar
Substance use specialist