Started spotting with brown discharge after rough sex. What cure should be done?

I lost my virginity about a month ago and have been having sex every/every second day since with one guy. He said that he got the all clear from his GP 2 months ago. (i.e., everything was negative). About two days ago, the sex was a bit rough and i bled a drop because i wasnt lubricated enough. Everything was fine but all of a sudden i have a orange to brown discharge. I am not itchy and it doesnt have a strong odour or anything. What is it? How do i fix it ASAP?
i forgot to add, i am not expecting my period till 4th feb and i am regular. also not currently on the pill.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later

Trauma to the genital tract due to rough intercourse can sometimes cause pink or brown discharge. This is not serious and subside on its own without any complications. There would be no need for treatment except abstain from intercourse for few days until the tears inside heal up well and the discharge stops completely.

Also the possibilities of pregnancy should be considered, if the intercourse was not protected, or any birth control measures were not being used. The pregnancy could have resulted in the mid of this cycle and resulting in implantation bleeding presenting as discharge you have. I would recommend you to wait for the period this cycle if delayed get a home pregnancy test done.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Started spotting with brown discharge after rough sex. What cure should be done? 42 minutes later
Sorry, just to clarify: does this include if the discharge is orange-brown and occurred about 5-7hours after sex? Especially since I wasn't well lubricated at the beginning? Just want to make sure it's not any infection so I can sleep!
(I used a condom)
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Infections very, very rarely present with isolated orange brown discharge which are not foul smelling. Based on the timing of the discharge which is few hours after the intercourse, I do consider the vaginal trauma being the most probable cause. Also yes, lack of lubrication is one of the commonest cause for such trauma and subsequent discharge.

In simple words, in all practical possibilities this is not due to infections. You need not be concerned.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.