Started spotting after having protected sex. Chances of pregnancy?

I had protected sex last month, though my period is not always regular but i was expecting it from 9th of this month. So i started getting spotty on 4th, i went to pee and when i wipe my private part i saw little blood on the tissue, the same thing happened today. I only see blood when i pee and wipe my private part. Should it be that i am pregnant?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX forum
As you had your periods before the expected date so it is less likely to be pregnancy.
To be more sure you can wait for one week and do the pregnancy test at home.
You can get an ultrasound done after 10-15 days so as to find out the cause of spotting like polycystic ovaries.Sometimes it is due to hormonal imbalance and progesterone is given to regulate it and for that it is better to consult your doctor.

Best wishes