Started period a week early then started bleeding 14 days later. Should I be concerned?

I started my period a week early this month then started bleeding 14 days later Should I be concerned
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Having your period early by a week is not a problem. that occurs often. But bleeding 14 days later means that there is a hormonal imbalance. Now since you're 43, and perimenopausal some menstrual irregularities may occur. That can be confirmed by an ultrasound and blood hormone tests if no abnormalities are found. If this happens again, see your doctor for some tests.