Started nicotine patch to quite smoking and got periods. Safe to take midol with the patch?

Jan 2013

I just started a nicotine patch today to quite smoking, however, I have also started my period. Is it okay to take Midol with the patch?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 13 minutes later
1) Midol contains tramadol (an opiod pain killer) and just to get pain relief.
Nicotine patch slowly release its nicotine and its level slowly builds up in blood and has no correlation with menses and use of tramadol.
2) So you can take midol and nicotine patches simultaneously.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava