Started methylprednisolone dosepak. Developed headache and purple/red rash on inner thigh. Side effects?

I have started methylprednisolone dosepak 4mg to treat the pain in my big toe joint which the ER doctor feels after an extra is gout. I started today and have taken 4 tablets and will take 2 more at bedtime. I have developed a slight headache which I addressed with 2 extra strength tylenol. I noticed that I have developed a purple/red rash on my inner thigh. Could this be a side effect of the med?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...Looks likely to be due to methyl prednisolone.
Detailed answer...
This small purple rash appears to be the purpuric spots.
These spots can be due to various causes but since these spots appeared just after you started using the steroids,it is quite likely to be due to the use of methyl prednisolone.
Other causes could be the concurrent use of any other blood thinners like aspirin,clopidegrol or anti coagulants like warfarin.
Just wait and watch and if you find that these spots are increasing in size and number,then consult your doctor.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck