Started diarrhoea and on and off tingling sensation on neck after eating. What should be done?

Ate mc donald's big mac about 5 hours ago. Went to bed but couldn't sleep because had sudden diahrea followed by a tingling sensation on the back of the neck. Still have both symptoms with the tingling sensation off and on. Also vomited. Is this food poisoning? I just don't know where the burning feeling on the back of my neck is from? I went through zoloft withdrawals at the end of XXXXXXX because I forgot to take 5 doses in a row and that burning sensation is what I experienced during the withdrawals. However I restarted zoloft and felt great with no withdrawal symptoms for 2 weeks now. I noticed I get the feeling right before I have to take a trip to the restroom.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 37 minutes later
Thanks for the query

It definitely looks like food poisoning. You are suffering from Acute gastroenteritis.
The altered sensation at the neck could be an unrelated issue but I would like to add here that sometimes de hydration can also cause tingling sensations of the muscles. De hydration could be because of the vomiting an diarrhea. He is what you should do

1. Rehydrate yourself. Add pinch of salt, spoon of sugar into warm lime water. Drink sip by sip. Please do not drink fast as it might induce vomiting. This will not only re hydrate you but will also replenish your electrolytes and it will prevent further episodes of vomiting.
2. start solid food only if you tolerate a liquid diet.
3. Avoid drinking, milk, milk products, coffee, tea
4. Start with a bland non spicy, non oily diet

Tab ondansetron mouth dissolving tablets would be an ideal drug to stop episodes of vvomiting. It has to be kept on the tongue until it dissolves after an episode of vomiting. Please ask your doctor for a prescription.
If the problem persists and doesn't resolve with these solutions please seek help from a physician

Continue taking Zoloft as prescribed, food poisoning is not an indication to stop the drug.

I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries.

I wish you a speedy recovery