Spotting and blood tinged cervical mucus after having miscarriage, not getting pregnant, hormone levels are normal. What could this spotting mean?

Question
Yes after having a miscarriage then dnc a year ago, I consistently have days of spotting and blood tinged cervical mucus after period should be over. The spotting usually starts on day 8 and goes to 10. Still trying to conceive and concerned that the spotting is linked to the problem on not getting pregnant. Dr says anatomy looks fine, hormone levels are normal. What could this spotting mean? I'm 5'2 and 95 pounds, 30 years old.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

Sometimes D&C can cause Pelvic inflammatory disease after D&C can be one of the causes

Take some antibiotics like doxycycline under your doctor's guidance and prescription

A course of progesterone like dydrogesterone or norethisterone can be taken under doctor's guidance and prescription

Any cyst in ovary or thyroid disorder are to be ruled out

Haemoglobin level should be normal

If you are unable to conceive get hysterosalpingography done to see the tubal patency

Get follicular studies done in mid cycle to see the maturity of ova

Line of treatment is planned according to diagnosis

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Spotting and blood tinged cervical mucus after having miscarriage, not getting pregnant, hormone levels are normal. What could this spotting mean? 47 hours later
I have had follicle studies and ovaries look good as well as mature follicles. They did see a very small cyst, but said it was very small. Could this be why I'm having the prolonged spotting of blood in cervical mucus?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 19 minutes later
Hello

Welcome once again

Luteal phase defect or shortening of post ovulatory period can be due to progesterone deficiency which can cause irregular bleeding and spotting

Taking progesterone in the form of dydrogesterone or norethisterone for 2-3 cycles usually cures the condition but it should be taken under your doctor's guidance and prescription

A very small cyst can be a simple follicular cyst which does not give rise to this problem

I hope I have answered your query , if you want to ask anything else you can revert back to me

Warm regards