Spotting after embryo transfer, taking suppositories and using vaginal gel. What are your thoughts?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, my wife and I had icsi 6 months ago, which resulted in a full blown period on day 5. 2nd treatment now, transferred two top grade embryos two sun ago (day 2), last sat ( day 8), wife started to spot on and off through to today, although seems to have stopped once again. On day 11 today, wife is 35, she was taking 2 suppositories a day, since sun night (day 9) has been using vaginal gel also. Wife believes all chances are gone, can I ask what your thoughts are please? Signed, concerned husband.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I read the history you provided and I understand your concerns.

In some women, spotting is seen after embryo transfer as it is a sgn of implantation of embryo. Please get blood test (beta hCG) for confirming pregancy after embryo transfer (usually on day 15) as adviced by your doctor which confirm pregnancy status.

I see no reason to loose all hopes so soon. Please be hopeful and keep praying for a healthy pregnancy. Dont loose hopes. Still you stand a chance.

Please continue using pregesterone vaginal suppositories and gel which support for implantation of embryos and their growth till blood test are done.

I hope I answered your query. I will be happy to answer any followup queries you have.

I pray for the success of your ICSI treatment this time.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility specialist