Sperm analysis done. What are the findings? Is there any chances of increasing motility?

Infertility Specialist
my sperm counts are 55-60 millns/cullm, 20% active motility, 15% sluggish motility, 65% non motility......what is the chance of naturally conceiving? is there any chance of increasing motility? should i go for another semen test?
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.

1) Your sperm count is absolutely normal.
2) Sperm motility is good enough to conceive. Though half of sperms are immotile, considering count and other parameters, your semen analysis is satisfactory and not a reason to worry.
3) Your semen does not seem to be reason for infertility
4) I want your wife to undergo following tests to analyse her reproductive potential : Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to check fallopian tubes 5) Get following blood tests for her : TSH, AMH anytime, serum prolactin (fasting state) 6) On second day of her periods get blood tests : Serum FSH & LH.
Please get back to me with these reports so that I can help you. Based on your semen reports, there is no problem to conceive.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Sperm analysis done. What are the findings? Is there any chances of increasing motility? 20 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

Please find attached reports of the tests which my wife has undergone. Also attached is my semen report. Please analyse these reports and give your expert opinion and suggestions.
We have been trying from the last 7 months and wish to conceive naturally.
Dr. has also advised me to take Fertisure M for 3 months. Is it needed?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 57 minutes later

I read your reports. Everything looks fine.

You do not need to take fertisure. There is no harm even if you wish to take.

I suggest your wife to undergo tubal patency test called HSG. If it is normal, go ahead with a procedure called IUI (IntraUterine Insemination) where your semen is inserted into your wife's womb.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Sperm analysis done. What are the findings? Is there any chances of increasing motility? 47 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

I'll ask my wife to undergo the test as suggested by you.
You have suggested for IUI. Any specific reasons for IUI? Are there not chances of conceiving without IUI?
Actually, we are planning to try for 2-3 months without going for IUI and if no success, then going for it. Your expert opinion/suggestion is needed whether we should wait or not?

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Since you have been trying for last 7 months, you can still try until one year without IUI.

If you are apprehensive and not willing to wait, I recommend IUI, which has more success rate. However, if you are in no hurry, you can try for another 5 months before opting IUI.

Feel free to contact for any other clarification.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF &Infertility Specialist