Soreness near chest bone and collar bone, nuclear stress test normal. Want relief from pain

I have had a soreness for over a month located in the top right corner by my chest bone and collar bone but the skin in that looks totally normal . (feels about like a sore blood vessel when i press on it)
I'll be 54 in September and about 6 months ago I had a nuclear stress test and past with a perfect score. Im 5'10 tall and weigh about 175, I don't smoke, drink or chew and consider myself to be in the 75-80% good health. But the soreness just want leave...pain level is about 3-4 out of 10. See attached picture of me and the sore area.
Send comment to XXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The soreness in the area you have marked is likely to be due to a muscle spasm or sternoclavicular joint inflammation. In case there is difficulty in breathing associated with it, then viral bronchitis is a likely possibility.
Most of the times such muscular pains can be adequately relieved by mild pain killers like acetaminophen, hot fomentation and giving rest to the arm.
I encourage you to consult a doctor for both evaluation and to avail stronger prescription medications if over the counter medications are not helpful as there is no substitute to a direct examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.