Sore throat, pain in the chest and arm, stiff neck. Causes?

hello i have a sore throat like i being to get strip and have a pain in my left chest, it hurts when i lift my arm more than 40 degrees, and when i move my head in all direction plus my neck is very stiff. what may i possible have and what should be my next plan of action to take. this started yesterday.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 10 hours later

I understand, you have a sore throat, pain in the left side of your chest and arm with a stiff neck.

I think you may have lifted a heavy weight or strained your neck in some way.

Please use local analgesic pain, and alternate hot and ice packs for ten minutes three times a day over painful areas. This will help reduce inflammation. Also keep the neck warm with a muffler.

Additionally, you can use an over the counter pain killer like Tylenol pills twice a day. But if you do not start improving in two days, do see your doctor who will decide whether you require an x-ray.

Regarding your throat, I think warm salt water gargles and drinking sips of hot water throughout the day should do the trick.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries. Do get back if you have further queries and wish you a healthy 2012.