Sore throat and sore calf muscles. Could this be viral infection?

My 13 year old son, has had a fever and mild cold like symptoms the last couple days. Now no fever, mild sore throat, but can hardly walk due to both calf muscles being extremely sore. What do you think is you think he has a viral infection?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that from your history it seems that your son is having viral myalgias . After having an episode of viral fever many patients develop severe myalgias which last quite long and cause severe malaise . You should keep him hydrated and a small dose of paracetamol after due consultation with his treating doctor will be helpful . Take care. Dr. Shruti