Snore excessively during third trimester and few months after delivery. How can I avoid this?

ENT Specialist
I snore too much during the third trimester of pregnancy and few months after delivery as well. I experienced this during my first delivery. Now i am in my 25th Week of pregnancy. Is there a way i can avoid this...
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 10 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. There is an average weight gain of about 25% of the pre-pregnancy weight.

2. This weight gain may lead to snoring.

3. If this is mild and lasts only a few months after pregnancy, treatment may not be necessary.

4. For alleviation of symptoms a Sleep Study (PolySomnoGram or PSG) may be done and if necessary, an auto CPAP machine may be used for some time.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.