Smoking poppers since months, have lost weight, get sharp stomach pains. Any home remedies?

Geriatrics Specialist
Hello, I have a few questions about poppers..I've been smoking poppers for about 8 month and cigarettes about a year I'm 18 and female Now I've read some things on the effects it can have on your body, but I would like a little more information because I don't feel right.
I've recently lost a lot of weight because of smoking poppers and its not healthy how much I've lost, I get these sharp paines in my stomach every morning, just my stomach always feels like crap.
I am not pregnant I know 100%. I cough but not to the point of mucus, diarriah, my diaphram seems to hurt as well just under my ribs,
So my questions is there any healthy way to gain weight without eating heavy meals? Basically is there any remedies I can do myself instead of having to go to a hospital
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 2 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing to us,

Yes, there are healthy ways to increase weight without taking heavy meals.
First of all, know the reason for your weight loss.

Smoking and usage of poppers increase the metabolic rate of body with suppression of appetite resulting weight loss.

The increase in gastric acid causes sharp pain in stomach which you is, increased in morning due to empty stomach.

The tar in smoke gets deposited in lungs resulting in non mucous dry cough with straining resulting in aching diaphragm.

Try to eat vegetables and fruits, take protein XXXXXXX diet like pulses. Take plenty of water with each diet.
Have a diet chart for your eating, get dietitian advice for the same.

Try to avoid smoke, use alternative supplement nicotine gums.

Let me know of future questions.
Wishing good health.