Smoker, chantix to quit smoking, IVF injections, safe to take medicine with injections ?

35, 5 3 , 160 lbs. Good medical history. I am a smoker and my family practitioner just prescribed chantix to help me stop smoking. However, I just started my IVF injections last night, have not started chantix. Should I take it now or continue to smoking until after my injections. Will the chantix effect how my body reacts to the IVF injections?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later

Chantix is not known to cause any serious drug interactions with fertility hormones.

I would suggest that you stop smoking as soon as possible. Smoking can adversely affect your fertility and also cause problems in the fetus.

You could start the chantix as you have been advised by your doctor. Continue the fertility injections as prescribed.

Chantix shouldn't react to your body changes due to the reactions.

Be advised that some side effects of chantix may occur like nausea, vomiting, gas, sleep disorders etc.