Smoker and occasional drinker. Looking diet plan to lose weight

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I want help on crafting a customised 1400 calories diet
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 1 hour later

It would be good if you give us more information of what type of diet plan you are looking for from us. Please mention your goal for diet plan like weight loss/ weight gain/ weight maintenance with muscle building etc along with your details like your height, weight, waist size and give us your daily routine eating pattern.

Give the pregnancy of consuming the following foods in a week:
Non- vegetarian foods, Eggs, Sweets or chocolates, soft drinks, fruit juices, bakery foods, alcohol or smoking habits, and also about your any form of physical activity that you are doing on a regular basis.

Kindly reply with details that will help to plan your diet chart.
Grace Abraham.
Follow-up: Smoker and occasional drinker. Looking diet plan to lose weight 19 hours later
HI Grace

I want to lose 10 Kgs. My details are as follows:

height: 5'4"
weight: 75 Kgs
waist: 32

I am a smoker and have occassional drinks. I am a non vegetarian however prefer eating vegetarian food. I have started a gym now for the past 2 weeks.

Let me know if you require any more information.

Answered by Grace Abraham 25 hours later

According to your height and weight, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 28.2 kg/m , which is considered as Overweight, the normal BMI range is from 18.5-24.9 kg/m.
Ideal body weight for your height should be from 60 kg to 65 kg.

Initially you can have a target of losing half kilo in a week, which will aid in reducing 2 kg in a month. Gradual reduction of weight will help not to regain the lost weight.

Diet modifications and lifestyle changes is necessary in order to reduce your weight.
Your diet should be high in fiber, which includes complex carbohydrate XXXXXXX foods and low in fat. Include more of raw fruits and vegetables in the diet; avoid saturated fats and oily fried food stuffs. Keep yourself much hydrated; take at least 3-4 litres of water every day.

The following are some simple tips that you can modify in your daily routine:
Take two egg white’s instead of one egg yolk, use only skimmed milk, buttermilk, low fat butter (e.g.: nutrilite), low fat chesse. Choose only baked or grilled non-veg items in order to reduce the fat content. Take at least two fruits in a day to increase the fiber content. Don’t take salads with high calorie salad dressings (eg: mayonnaise), instead choose salads with low calorie dressings (e.g.: those with olive oil). Choose Tofu (soy paneer), and other soy products like soy flavoured milk which is very low fat and high in protein.

Instead of taking sweets in bed time, choose low fat fruit flavored yogurt or a whole fruit. Instead of taking junk snacks in the evening, choose tuna sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, or fruit salad without cream which helps to suppress your hunger.

Along with diet modifications, a minimum 30-45 minutes brisk walk / physical activity of moderate intensity improves overall health.

Include 'Warm-up' and 'cool-down'periods, before and after the exercise regimen.Forty-five minutes per day of moderate intensity physical activity provide many health benefits.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham