Smoker. Diagnosed with bronchitis. Feeling light-headed and dizziness. Any suggestion?

Nov 2013

Hi, first I've been a smoker for over 30 years. About a month ago I saw a doctor who diagnosed bronchitis.Got med for infection and a bronchodilator. Now my question. For the past couple of days I've been dizzy. (unable to walk - poor balance very seldom mild lightheadedness)
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are mild and do not suggest any serious neurological illness.

It is likely to be due to peripheral vertigo. As of now, you can take Tab. betahistine 16 mg as and when necessary for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist, please get back.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Follow-up: Smoker. Diagnosed with bronchitis. Feeling light-headed and dizziness. Any suggestion? 20 minutes later
I'm satisfied that this does not suggest a neurological disorder. Could it be my heart-lungs? I've never had problems myself but it is in my family history.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 20 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

Your symptoms also do not suggest any problem with your heart or lungs.
I presume that you have stopped smoking though.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)