Small yellow/flesh colored asymptotic bump on what I believe is

ENT Specialist
Question
Small yellow/flesh colored asymptotic bump on what I believe is the palatopharyngeal arch. Not a tonsil stone, I’ve had those before. No recent colds/illnesses. Does not interfere with swallowing, speaking. Not sure how long it has been there, noticed while flossing.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
I have seen the pictures. The bump is either a cystic lesion or hypertrophic lymphoid tissue. There is nothing to be worried about. if there is any sudden change in size or colour of the lesion than you must get it examined.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Small yellow/flesh colored asymptotic bump on what I believe is 28 minutes later
Thank you,
I have a follow up with an ENT as the physician recommended. Information online regarding bumps in the mouth/throat are rather grimm. Should this be removed? Will it increase in size if left alone?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
No intervention is required unless symptomatic.
Any change in size or colour is very rare but in case any change is observed than it must be investigated.
In your case it looks absolutely fine with no need for any intervention.
You are always welcome with any questions in future too.
Thanks and regards