Small warts on face. What treatment do you suggest for removal of warts?

small warts in face?how to remove?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Facial warts: Chemical or electric cautery Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now you have developed warts over the face. The main treatment of facial warts is cauterization. This may include chemical cauterization or electric one or with the help of radiofrequency or lasers. As far home therapy is concerned, there are certain topical medicines which when used for a long time can help in treatment of warts. This includes the use of topical tretinoin 0.025 %. This cream has to be applied with the help of the pointed end of a toothprick only over the affected area . It has to be used only at night and washed off on the morning. This is considered to be the safest drug for home treatment of facial warts . But remember that it might take upto 4 to 6 weeks for complete treatment. In case you think compliance is an issue with this form of therapy, then I would advise you to see a nearby dermatologist. There are options of chemical, electric cautery and radiofrequency. These methods give immediate results and weekly repetition of the sitting is required till the time even a single lesion remains. Whatever treatment option you choose, please remember that warts are infective in nature and tend to spread if left by themselves. So you should take the complete treatment course till the time even a single lesion remains. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.