Small sized vagina makes penetration painful. How to boost confidence? How to increase size?

Infertility Specialist
Question
my vagina size is small because of which my husband is not able to penetrate his organ into mine. how can i make myself confident is overcoming the pain for a better pleasure. also any drugs/pills available to increase the size of my vagina by few cm atleast
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 16 hours later

A small vagina or difficulty during coitus needs to be addressed when intercourse becomes difficult.

You may need to consult your gynecologist for physical examination -
1. To rule out thick hymen that may make this act difficult
2. To assess the size of the vagina.
3. To rule out any psychological problems and fears you have.

The problem can be addressed based on the cause with counseling and/or medication whichever is appropriate.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Follow-up: Small sized vagina makes penetration painful. How to boost confidence? How to increase size? 2 hours later
I've got physical examination done by two different gyns and realised that its size is normal. Secondly my husband complaints that it doesn't get wet enough to insert his organ into mine. One of the docs suggested me to have meftals spas before intercourse. Am howevrer not sure of the reason to take meftal spas. Can you please help me explain that.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 19 hours later
Hello again,

Since you have been through the examnation and found to be normal, it will be important to get a psychological assessment done.

Meftal spas - will help you to overcome pain and spasm if you are experiencing any of it.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Follow-up: Small sized vagina makes penetration painful. How to boost confidence? How to increase size? 9 days later
Just for confirmation: Upon physical examination my doc said that she was able to insert one finger into my vagina and hence the size is normal. whereas, my husband doesn't think the size is good enough for his orgasm to enter mine. Please let me know which of the two above notions are correct.

Secondly, can I take meftal spas an hr before planning for intercourse, will that help me in overcoming the pain ?

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 11 hours later
Hello

Both your doctor and your husband can be right
Clinically - the doctor has confirmed your vaginal passage is ok.

The statement made by your husband can also be right - as he is unable to have intercourse. You need to interact with him more and seek help like couseling which will help both of you.

The use of medication may reduce pain to some extent

Hope to have answered your questions

Dr Nandita