Small polyp seen in left maxillary sinus. What does this mean?

ENT Specialist
A small polyp seen in left maxillary sinus. What does it mean?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. If you can share the images of the X-ray or Scan, I will be able to give you an accurate opinion.

2. Small maxillary polyps may not require active treatment. It is just a prolapse of the normal lining of the sinus. Unless it blocks a sinus or causes pain or stasis of secretions, it need no treatment.

3. Your hypothyroidism may be responsible for your speech problems and headaches. What are your Thyroid Function Test results?

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.