Small piece of condom left in vagina, diagnosed with vaginal atrophy, no fever or discharge. Should I worry?

Question
I think a small piece of rubber was left in my vagina. I don't feel anything. No fever or discharge.
Should I worry?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: Small piece of condom left in vagina, diagnosed with vaginal atrophy, no fever or discharge. Should I worry? 8 minutes later
I also was diagnosed with vaginal atophy.

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Rubber is a poymer and is non-biodegradable. If that is contraceptive rubber grade, then I would suggest you to go in for a vaginal wash with a gynecologist. It would create issues like infections later, which in turn will cause fever and discharge and eventually antibiotics.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.

Follow-up: Small piece of condom left in vagina, diagnosed with vaginal atrophy, no fever or discharge. Should I worry? 1 hour later
I'm not sure if anything was left. Would it hurt me to wait a little before i contact
a gynecologist?

Thank you,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 16 hours later
Thanks for the reply Ms XXXXXXX

No, it would do no harm for a couple of days, but not more than a week, to be sure infection doesn't happen.

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Small piece of condom left in vagina, diagnosed with vaginal atrophy, no fever or discharge. Should I worry? 2 hours later
I'm having my period now, will it come out?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 4 hours later
I cannot vouch for that, XXXXXXX

Although you can attempt to check on the contents after each episode, you might be lucky if it did and will keep you at ease.

But, on the other hand, in case you do not see it - then you would be better off sticking to my advice.

Wish you good health. I will happy to answer further queries.

Sincerely,