Ask a Urologist   »  

Small, hard, whitish lump under foreskin. Feels like an opening, like hair follicle. Are they warts?

I have recently noticed a small, (approx 2/3mm) hard, whitish/flesh coloured, smooth lump under foreskin, and below head of penis. It is not painful but does feel weird when i press on it. When pressing on it also, it looks like it has a tiny opening, a little like a hair follicle although i do not have hair under foreskin! it is in centre of pic attached a few mm under head.
I have gently squeezed this but nothing hapenned.
I have heard scare stories about warts but have only slept with my girlfriend. i know its not papules as have had these before.
Note i vigorously masturbate each day and have had sex a few times too
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Thank you for submitting a photo and description of what you're dealing with. this does not look like a wart. It might be a tiny degree of inflammation under the skin. Sometimes there can be a slight infection which can cause the swelling. At this point I would strongly urge you not to press or squeeze the area. In addition I would advise that you decrease the frequency of masturbation for the next several days to allow for that area to heal.

In addition I would recommend that you try taking some warm soaks in the bathtub for 15 to 20 minutes twice per day. This will help the skin heal in that area. In addition I would consider using some topical moisturizing cream around the affected area. Sometimes the friction from masturbation or intercourse can exacerbate what you're dealing with. I would expect the area to slowly resolve over the next two or three weeks.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. if you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert